[Online] Lit Night
Wine. Nibbles. Neighbors in Zoom windows. It’s a story time for grown ups!
FOR THE DURATION, Alameda Shorts will be presented online in private Zoom meetings.
Please send an RSVP email to email@example.com for the password or join To Live and Write in Alameda on Facebook.
Join us for an evening if curated stories written and presented by members of To Live and Write in Alameda. This monthly showcase of our literary endeavors has a little something for everyone: Tears, laughter, introspection, inspiration, and even snort laughter. We embrace adult content; leave the kiddies at home.
Interested in sharing your work at a night of Alameda Shorts?
- Membership in To Live and Write in Alameda required.*
- August 2020 theme: Heavy
- Personal essay or short story only (save the poetry for Local Voices: A Broken Mic).
- Word document only. Times New Roman, 12pt. Indent paragraphs; no space between paragraphs.
- Length: Five minutes max
- Deadline: Midnight, July 31, 2020
- Event night: Thursday, August 20, 2020
- Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject line: Alameda Shorts – your last name – Heavy – July 2020
- Attach document; do NOT cut and paste into the email.
- Put your name inside the attached document! BUT DO NOT EMBED IT. This is important.
- This is a curated event; if your piece is selected, you will be expected to attend at least one practice in the week leading up to the event. Newbies are required to attend two practices. If you are unable to do so, or unable to present on the night of Alameda Shorts, the reserve will be offered your place.
- Practices in Alameda and online; TBD based on who is selected to read.
Usually, Alameda Shorts is hosted at Books, Inc. Alameda on the third Thursday of each month (January through October).
FOR THE DURATION OF SHELTER-IN-PLACE AND REOPENING RESTRICTIONS Alameda Shorts will be presented online in a private Zoom meeting. Please send an RSVP email to email@example.com for the password.
Compensation: Exposure, practice, bragging rights, and a chance to share your work with a live audience.
Join us. You know you want to.
*There’s no charge for our basic “Friends” membership. Become a member of our community by asking to join us on Facebook. Do you have to?!? YES! We’re a writers support group, which means we strongly encourage participation of some kind, for your own benefit. That’s the whole point of the thing. Many of us live on an island, but none of us actually is an island. Try it. You may be surprised by how much you like us.